Kirsten had decided that she wanted her presents from us on her actual birthday so that she would have two days of presents, so we got up early yesterday and she opened her gift before school.

She loved all the clothes and the ring making set Mom and Dad sent her, but I felt bad because she wanted to wear one of the dresses to school and it really is to fancy for that. It's definately a special occasion dress. I could just see her climbing a fence at school and ripping it!!

Kirsten is so hard to buy for as there are no toys she likes. I just get arts and craft stuff when I see it for her. Adam is the most amazing gift giver and always gets the most perfect presents for me, normally things I don't even realize I want or need.
When I was struggling to think of her main gift I asked Adam and he suggested an Ipod. We found a first generation Ipod on Craigslist for $20 which was perfect. That way when she looses it (I give it 2 months), we haven't invested very much. She is a changed child at school and doing so well, so hopefully she is growing up and start being more responsible.
Jaden was literally green with envy, and wining about why he's never had an Ipod, but as Adam pointed out to him, he had $70 of birthday money but he spent it on Nerf guns!! By the time I got to school with Kirsten's cupcakes she was literally bouncing off the walls with excitement about her Ipod, cupcakes and being special for the day!

I'd tried to make rainbow cupcakes but they just ended up swirly green, but the icing was great. I saved all the colors from Kirsten and Adison's cakes and then spooned them into the piping bag in layers, so when I piped them, the icing came out different colors. Some were more multicolored than others but she loved them.

The kids in her class are really sweet and seem a lot calmer than her class last year, so hopefully her great behavior will continue.

I love going up to school now as I know so many people and I know where everything is. I'm dreading having to go to Jaden's school for anything, but I'm sure I'll soon get used to it. Luckily he doesn't seem to need anything from me yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment