Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Yesterday
We had such a crazy weekend and Adison started with a bit of a runny nose, so we just stayed at home and relaxed yesterday. It was wonderful to have two easels because they both painted quite happily and there was no fighting over whose turn it was.
They both loved the paints that sing to them, although Nicolas looks half asleep on this picture!
Adison was very proud of her artwork.
After painting we took Kirsten her cupcakes at school and then the children wanted to play outside. I'd not mown my grass for at least two weeks so I mowed while they played. I'd given them lollipops for being good at school with Kirsten, and after I'd been mowing for about 15 minutes I found them 'relaxing' and chatting behind the camper. Nicolas had gone into one of the storage sections of the camper and got out their chairs. They are normally both so active that it was funny to see them just sitting there being quiet and sweet.
This area will soon be our garden, with a lot of work!!
It gives me so much hope for the future when they do play so sweetly. I can't wait until I can spark their imagination or show them how to do something and they will just do things by themselves, rather than me having to do everything with them. I'm sure when they are independent, part of me will wish they still needed me, but it will probably only be a very small part of me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment