Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sam's 30th Birthday!

All the girls went to the lake yesterday to celebrate Sam's Birthday and Adam took the kids to our friend Chuck's house to hang out with the Dad's. I wanted to make Sam's cake and some dips and things for the party and as I knew I'd see Sam, Erin and Rebecca on Sunday I decided to have a day at home ALL BY MYSELF!!
After a summer of fun and lots of noise all I crave is peace and quiet. I have alot of friends who just want to escape from their houses for time by themselves, but I want to be at home by myself. Adam took the kids at 10:30am and brought them back at 8pm. I never thought that the greatest gift my husband could give me was time to be selfish, rather than diamonds and perfume! I had a bath, got ready for Sam's party, read some of my book and then sewed while I watched rubbish reality TV.

By the time Adam came home I was desperate to see the children and Adam but I felt wonderful.



We had a great time yesterday, even Leo enjoyed himself (but he was definately missing Lianne!!)
Adison enjoyed hanging out with the twins again (they spend Saturday together).

It was great to see the pool clear (it's been varying shades of green for the last few weeks) and filled with children having fun.
We all chipped in to buy Sam an LED hula hoop that lights up, so I tried to make hula hoops for the zero on her cake. It's much harder than it looks to make an even hoop out of fondant, but the overall impression was OK.





We all sang happy birthday, ate lots of cake and had a wonderful time. Happy Birthday Sam!!


No comments:

Post a Comment