Monday, August 23, 2010

Kirsten's 9th & Bowen's 3rd Birthday

Kirsten turned 9 today. What is crazy for me to think about is that she was younger than Adison is now when I met her! We had her party yesterday and it was so much fun. She was so happy because her best friends Skylar and Emree were able to come.Kirsten and Emree. Kirsten had been to Emree's birthday yesterday because Emree's birthday is two day's before Kirsten's, something Kirsten thinks is very special.
Bowen's birthday was last week, but when we had Sam's party here two weeks ago, we realized that we'd all get together for Bowen's birthday and then again for Kirsten's, so it made sense to combine them. Kirsten and Bowen both thought the huge party was just for them!
I tried to put Nicolas in his American style board shorts, but he was adamant that he was wearing his speedos, much to Adam's horror. I think he looks so cute because they show off it his little legs and bottom. I will however intervene when he's a teenager and still wanting to wear them!!
The great thing about combining the parties was that I got to see all Erin's friends and relatives who I only see a few times a year.
We had a house full of babies too which is unusual now as most of my friends children are Adison's age or older. It was a nice feeling to see so many cute little ones, but it made me realize that I'm definitely over the desire for another baby. I love Adison more and more now that she can talk and tell me what's wrong or what she wants.
She did drive me crazy on Friday night though. She kept telling me something over and over and got all tearful when I didn't understand her, so I took her out of her crib and asked her to show me what she wanted. She walked straight to the fridge, opened the door and pointed to the milk. All she wanted was a drink, but instead of saying 'drink', like Nicolas would have done, she was saying "I'm very thirsty Mama", which came out 'avertersymama'. Some days I wish she just said one clear word rather than full sentences which aren't clearly enunciated.
Sam and Carmen with one of the twins (sorry I can never remember which is which, even though they look totally different!) and our friend Melissa's little boy Ashton.
Melissa holding baby Eilee, Ashley (Erin's sister), Ashton and Melissa's nephew Cameron.
Erin and Eilee.
The birthday girl.
Kirsten's cool extendable (and slightly phallic) musical card from Kenli and Skylar.
Bowen opens some of his presents.
Someone gave Bowen some sippy cups and Adison really wanted them. She was heartbroken when she couldn't have them but luckily Ashley and Melissa had brought her presents too so she got a cute little outfit and a bucket and spade, which she has carried around for most of today.
Kirsten had wanted me to make her another Tinkerbell cake, but as the last one took me at least 7 hours to do (for her 6th or 7th birthday), I managed to convince her to have a fish cake. Her Grandma had bought her lots of fish for her birthday and she was very excited about them, so she thought a fish cake would be good. It was a lot less work too!
It tasted good, which to me is the most important thing!
Tori had made Bowen yummy peanut butter chocolate cupcakes, so there was plenty of cake to go around.
After that the kids all played and the Geotrax was a big hit. Nicolas goes through phases with his toys and he's loving Geotrax again after a playdoh/moonsand phase. I love seeing children all playing sweetly together and using their imaginations.Yesterday was actually the twin's birthday (you can see they look totally different, but I still never remember which is the blonde one, sorry Rebecca!) so they posed with big brother Trae.
Then Adison decided she wanted her picture taken with one of the birthday boys.
Once everyone had left Kirsten and Emree enjoyed the slip and slide and then it was off to church for their new youth program.
Kirsten is loving her Wednesday and Sunday program and even Jaden grudgingly admitted that it was 'kinda fun'!!
It was a fun and exhausting weekend but the kids all had a great time and we got to catch up with lots of friends. It will be a while before we have the energy or the money for another big party, but we always say that and then we end up with another get together here a month later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment