Thursday, February 21, 2008

Jaden & Kirsten's Mid Winter Break

I had a wonderful, but emotionally draining weekend on my bible retreat while Adam looked after all the children. I'd cooked all the food and left him a schedule for Nicolas, and Kirsten had really helped him, so he'd had a good time with them. I didn't miss Nicolas as much as I thought I would, which made me feel kind of guilty, but I knew Adam would look after him really well. I felt so lucky to have such a wonderful family and such good friends because so many of the ladies on the retreat had gone through such difficulties.

I didn't feel like I was pregnant until this week! On Monday Erin and the kids came round to play and then we played in the yard in the afternoon. I tried doing some more clearing of the weeds and vines at the bottom of the yard, but I had no energy.

Then on Tuesday we went to Fernbank Museum which the kids love. Nicolas is old enough to appreciate some of the exhibits now he can walk and explore. I can't wait until I can really explain everything to him and teach him. I try now but I doubt much sinks in! I was so tired that I had to have a nap on the couch when we got home - the first time I've EVER napped when Jaden and Kirsten have been with me. They thought it was really funny. I managed to find the energy to take them to a kids night at a restaurant near us and they did a craft project while I got to spend some 'date' time with Adam.
Yesterday the kids came and made tea at church with me in the morning then we played outside in the afternoon and then we went to Wednesday night church in the evening. I'm doing a class to learn what it actually means to be a Methodist, as I haven't a clue! I just like my church. Jaden is always wanting to know what the difference is between our church and his Grandma's church as she is Baptist, hopefully I'll be able to tell him soon.
Jaden had some revolting sour candy spray which he felt it was his brotherly obligation to introduce to Nicolas and Leo! Neither of them was very impressed with the taste. Who invents this stuff I wonder?Today I went to my Mom's group meeting and Jaden sat in on the talk we had from a Police officer about safety. He was great and we are going to put a play together in case someone ever broke into the house. I'm also going to learn how to use Adam's guns, just incase!

Tomorrow I have several Mom's and their children coming round for coffee and cakes which I love. It's just a relaxed time together and a great way to get to know more people.
By the time the kids leave I'll be so tired, but I love having them here as we get to do so much. They love Monopoly at the moment and we probably spend 2 or 3 hours a day playing it, luckily I love it too! Jaden hasn't wanted to have his picture taken this week, which is why there aren't many of him on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment