We didn't find out she was a girl (and it still doesn't seem real that she actually is!), until about 10 minutes into the scan. I was so nervous that something would be wrong but as the scans show, everything is great. I thought we were supposed to get a 3D scan, but apparently not. The picture was alot clearer than at the regular doctor though.
This is the important picture because the white line where her top lip is (between the annotation for her nose and lips) shows that her lip is complete. If she had a cleft in her lip there would be a dark patch in the center of the line. All the other parts of her were fine too which was wonderful because after yesteday with Nicolas I had no clue what they might find wrong!
This is the picture we were waiting for! Adam said it was OK to show proof she was a girl as she is too young to have her modesty affected!! As the ultra sound lady said, if she is a boy, she has a pretty sad life ahead of her!!
She was playing with her feet for most of the ultra sound and kept putting them in the picture, so I thought she obviously wanted them shown to the world. She moves so much more than Nicolas ever did. Sometimes I'd worry if he was OK because I'd only feel him move a couple of times a day. She kicks all the time, which isn't a good sign for me having a restful next 20 weeks.
I'm so glad that she is a girl because Nicolas is so special to me for being my first baby and I worried that if Pumpkin was a boy I wouldn't bother with making as many things as I did for Nicolas. I'm almost done with her quilt and now I can make dresses and knit all kinds of things, like I did for Nicolas, so she will be just as special because she's a girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment