Friday, August 14, 2009

Fun in the Yard and with Geotrax

I have been looking for a seat for the front porch for a couple of years now. Adam bought me one that matched our patio set but it spends most of the time on the deck as we always need to seat at least 8. I'd wanted this loveseat for ages but it was $200 which was way out of my budget. Then last week I popped in to Lowes for something and it was on sale for $98, still a bit too much, but worth it.

I never realized how much I'd love it. It's so comfy and I sit and watch the kids play on the driveway for at least an hour everyday. Our neighbors gave us this slide which Nicolas was never interested in, but Adison loves it, so she plays on it while Nicolas drives his four wheeler around and I get to watch and sometimes even read a book!

Nicolas is now at the stage where if Adison is having fun doing something, he wants to do it too, so he ended up driving his truck down the slide.

Adison is usually filthy by the time she's finished playing outside, but she sleeps well!

These were some cute pictures I took of her on the slide.

She's not very photogenic so it's hard to capture how cute she is when she's not animated.

I love her profile with her cute little nose.

She is completely daredevil and will throw herself down the slide and then try to climb back up it.
And of course she still uses her distinctive 'bum in the air' crawl to get around.

Both of them are so happy when Kirsten is there to pull them around and do all kinds of crazy things to keep them entertained.

Sometimes Nicolas forgets that although Adison is small, she can't be sat on!


Kirsten's friend Emree lives in the house behind us and Kirsten always wants to play with her as they both love dress up.
Sam gave us Ike's Geotrax when he had outgrown it, and until a few weeks ago, Nicolas wasn't bothered with it, but just like the bricks, he suddenly was old enough. I LOVE building train lines and so for several days the living room was a train depot and we had all kinds of fun building different layouts. I remember spending hours with Will building train lines, so it was fun doing that with the kids. I don't thing Jaden and Kirsten had train tracks when they were younger, so they are quite happy to regress and get involved. I just with William was here to play with Nicolas.



No comments:

Post a Comment