I had few female friends in Atlanta when Adam and I got married, and with working away, we never had anyone to host a shower for us. I've been to and hosted several baby showers, but a wedding shower was new for me.
Kaitlyn's friends were wonderful, but I felt pretty old (she is only 19). I went with my sister in law Tori and my soon to be sister in law Sarah. I spent most of the time picking up tips for when we throw a shower for Sarah in a few months. I'm so excited that Sarah is joining our family, I just love her to bits! The saying that you can choose your friends but not your family is so true, but thankfully Adam's brother's all made excellent choices when choosing sister in law's for me!!
Adam's cousins Ashley, Kaitlyn and Laura Beth.
Adam didn't want to keep all the kids so Adison came with us and was a little angel.
They made a bonnet for Kaitlyn out of all the bows from the presents which was funny. If she wasn't already married I think the tradition is to make a bouquet out of them which you use during the wedding rehearsal. So now I've done most of the American traditions and when Sarah and James get married I'm going to plan a 'hen night' for Sarah to show her some English traditions!!
No comments:
Post a Comment