Friday, August 14, 2009
My Baby Angel!
Adison is now 13 months and an absolute delight! She is starting to get some hair and it's very blonde and has a curl to it. It's still not long enough to put anything in it.
This was after her bath so you can see how thin her hair is, but it's quite long.
She pulls up on everything and will walk behind her baby walker or the shopping cart I got for her at the consignment sale but she still can't even stand by herself. As with the rolling over, I'm sure she could do it, she just chooses not to!
She is a really good mix of me and Adam. She used to look a lot like Mom but she hasn't for the last month or so. She has Adam's mouth and ears but her eyes are definately mine. She looks so serious at times because of her brow line, but she gets cuter all the time. I love her nose the best. It is so little and cute and a perfect mix of the pointiness of my nose and Adam's slightly wider nose. I kiss it all the time!
Nicolas always had something in his mouth and a cord of some sort draped around his shoulders and Adison is just the same. As long as whatever she is chewing is small enough to be poohed out, I don't worry too much. She's never choked on anything and as our whole house has bits of Star Wars lego all over from Jaden, I'd spend 1/2 my life taking storm trooper heads out of the kids mouths!
I can honestly say the only thing Adison does that drives me crazy is she throws her sippy cups on the floor as hard as she can. Either the top falls off and spills milk all over or the thing in the lid comes out and milk drips on the floor. Both are equally annoying, especially if Leo gets to the milk first, licks it all up and then vomits (which thankfully only happened once but of course he vomited on the rug, not the floor- evil dog!)
She still only has four teeth and no sign of any more. She has had the bottom two for about 3 months now but her top two only came in about a month ago. She still has no middle top teeth so she looks so funny as her teeth interlock! I can't get a really good photo of them but you can kind of see them in the picture above and below.
She is trying really hard to tallk and babbles all the time. I'm trying to make the time to sit and teach her words, but so far Mama, Baba (for Dada,) more and milk are the only ones she says clearly. She knows cows say 'boooo' and sheep say 'ba' and we are working on lots of other sounds too. Nicolas starts preschool in September so I'll have her all to myself Tuesday and Thursday mornings, so that's when I can really do the one on one with her. Nicolas is just too demanding at the moment and will answer for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment