Adison was ready for her nap and screamed and cried for a good part of the party, but we still had fun and Kirsten enjoyed herself which was the most important part.I love Adam so much and most of the time I'm just used to how hot I think he is, but I can honestly say that when he's skating or riding a motorbike my heart honestly does beat faster and my stomach turns over!! I can skate in a straight line but I can't stop and I'm terrified of falling over, but he can skate backwards, spin around and do all likes of things which just amaze me. I fall in love all over again with Adam when he's on skates, so I had a GREAT time at Kirsten's birthday!! He was also so cute and patient with Nicolas, which helped too!
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Kirsten's Birthday
Poor Kirsten had a rather strange Birthday! She was at her Mom's on the actual day and then when she came to us the day after (Monday) Adam had to go to Charlotte over night for work. If it had been Jaden there would have been all kinds of moaning about not getting his presents, but she just accepted it.
She baked her Birthday cake and decorated it (with Adison being a big girl and sitting at the counter for the first time to help) and then she got to open a couple of her presents.
Then when Adam came back on Tuesday she got to open the rest.
The kids get to choose if they want to go somewhere expensive with a couple of friends or have a big party here with lots of people for their Birthday, because it usually works out about the same cost. This year Kirsten wanted to go skating with 3 of her friends.

I feel so bad because I don't have a single photo of her skating!! There are two reasons. The most exciting being that Jaden had an epiphany and decided that he loved skating!! This is amazing because the few times we have been before, he's pouted and refused to skate and said he hates it! This time he skated nearly the whole time, falling over numerous times but getting back up and skating some more. (Kirsten is in the background of his shot)
We were even more amazed when he said that it was the best time he's had in ages and begged for his own pair of skates. We spent the whole time praising him and encouraging and Kirsten just had fun skating on her new skates from Julie and Kenli. It honestly brought a lump to my throat and choked me up seeing Jaden, who is not the most coordinated of kids trying so hard.
The second reason why Kirsten was just left to have fun was it was Nicolas' first time skating. He has kid skates which are a great introduction but I think he's ready for real skates when Jaden gets his.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment