Monday, October 12, 2009
A Fun Couple of Days
The kids were out of school on Friday so we made the most of the cool weather and went to the park. Jaden and Kirsten went on their bikes and now I'm fitter I can job beside them and not slow them down too much.
At the end of the lap Adison and Nicolas got out of the stroller and walked alongside the lake. This is a new experience for Adison and she got in the way of lots of people walking and running as I tried to control her, the dog and the stroller! Luckily Jaden was in charge of Nicolas.
The kids were very concerned about a very sick looking duck, but when I told a park ranger about it, it had already flown off, so it was probably just tired!

Nicolas and Adison don't get candy unless someone gives it to them, so Nicolas' greatest excitement is when Jaden and Kirsten bring some revolting candy home with them. This week they had some sour syrup that you squirted into your mouth. Nicolas loved it and they were very sweet and shared with him. As you can see from his face below he loved it, but it was very sour!
Now Adison can walk she loves playsets even more. Jaden is pretty good about helping her and not leaving her somewhere high up where she can fall, but unfortunately Kirsten helped her up a ladder and then ran off, leaving her to fall about 2 feet straight onto her head. Adison is a very resilient baby!



I'd promised the kids for several days that we could make Halloween cookies as I'd splashed out on some fancy Halloween sprinkles and the kids were dying to use them. As a special treat I got out all my piping bags so they could ice them 'professionally'. They are getting really good now, but it's just such a mess to dye all the icing and then clean all the bags and nozzles that I only do it as a treat.
All Nicolas cares about is sprinkles and icing!
Adam had bronchitis last week and took about three days off work. I've never known him take more than a day off before, and he had a fever over 102 for two days, so he just lay in bed. We didn't really want to kids here and getting sick as both Nicolas and Adison had nasty colds last week, so their Mom took them for the weekend. Nicolas had a 'fancy' party at his friends Zoe's which we were really looking forward to.
Adam kept Adison and it was lovely to have some special time just with Nicolas. I slicked his hair down to be 'fancy' and he wore his Thomas shirt, which is his favorite thing, after his digger shirt. All the little girls were dressed up so it was so cute.
The girls all had tiaras and the boys had top hats. My friend Leslie is a great hostess so I knew the house would look great. I wore my tiara from our wedding, which I love and would wear everyday if I could! All the other Mom's got dressed up too, so it made it a fun party.

Zoe turned 3 and was the model of a little lady, until her cake arrived!!
Then all her manners were lost and she enjoyed every mouthful of cake!!
Nicolas was tired and happy at the end and loved his sunglasses and hat.
Yesterday I had a headache so Adam took Nicolas off to the cul de sac so I could have some quiet while Adison took a nap. We are trying to teach him to peddle, but he seems to be more like Jaden than Kirsten in this respect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment