Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our Yard After the Flood

The photos don't do the damage justice, and I know that it was very minor compared to what it could have been, but still a lot of the beds I'd made a month ago got washed away. I've repaired them to what they were, but I've lost interest in yard work for the moment. I know before Mom and Dad arrive I'll get some motivation back to make it look good for them.



The water washed straight under the deck here, taking my coral bells and several bag of compost with it!


This silt/sand was washed from our neighbours yard and collected against the hoses that were lying on the pavers.


The rest of the dirt accumulated on what little grass I have in the back yard, so it will probably die now!

The water washed under the fence and took away my new little wall and some more soil, but luckily no plants.






I've rebuilt the wall so you wouldn't know that there was enough water flowing through the yard to carry a pick axe down the yard, force open the gate at the bottom of the yard and wash it into the front yard!





This is the water rushing through the yard during a smaller downpour! I wasn't going out when it was raining really hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment