Sunday, October 18, 2009

More Rain and the New Camper

Last week it rained again, and again the yard flooded, but no lasting damage was done.

I finally got around to splitting my perennials and planting some pansies ready for winter.
Adam took my truck and made the epic journey to Shreveport LA last weekend (10 hours there and 12 hours back) to get our camper, so I was housebound. It was actually nice because I didn't feel any pressure to go anywhere or do anything.
It was cold by GA standards so I got the kids bundled up and we spent Saturday outside tidying up the yard. Adison pulls the funniest faces!
It's so funny how your parenting standards slide with the second child because Nicolas was weaned straight from me to a sippy cup at about 7 months. Adison still has a bottle when she is sick or if I can't get her to sleep. Last weekend she was still getting over her cold so she wanted to drag her lovey and bottle around with her and would scream if I took either away. She couldn't take lovey outside in the dirt, so I settled for the bottle instead.
You would think the kids were dressed for the middle of winter but it was only about 8-10 degrees!
Then on Sunday our neighbor KenLi came to begin installing the fence at the bottom of the yard. It is still the fence panels I reclaimed last year but it will look great when he's done and when Jon paints it.
Nicolas was just in heaven because KenLi let him use the drill and screw the fence panels in place. He actually managed to do it which amazed me.
Then he drew the lines which marked where KenLi needed to cut.
It was so cute to watch because KenLi makes it seem so easy to build anything with wood, and Nicolas was so proud to be his helper!

Blake came over later to look for Jaden and when he wasn't here, he spent about 1/2 an hour playing with Nicolas and Adison. I'm always amazed how easily big tough boys can transition to playing with little kids.
Then about 6pm my angel arrived after his 1200 mile round trip with the camper. I knew it would be long, but I wasn't prepared for how tall it is. It's ENORMOUS!! I still haven't put any of our camping stuff in it yet because I just don't know where to start. We have our own bedroom, there is a loo, shower, fridge, freezer, micowave and oven and it has AC and heating!! I will clean it and make it home next week.
The only bad thing is that my truck has gone from doing about 15 miles per gallon to doing about 8 miles per gallon!! As Adam says, we will be exploring a lot in a 2 hour radius of home because we won't be able to afford the gas to go anywhere else!! I am really excited about the opportunities it will give us as a family and hopefully we'll get to spend Thanksgiving at the hunting camp with Woody and Stephanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment