Friday, October 30, 2009

Nicolas' Fall Party at Preschool

I LOVE Nicolas' preschool and his teachers! I'd probably pay double what we do because they are just so wonderful and they make the cutest things with him. He came home last week with a bat made from his foot print and hand prints, and a spider in a web also made from hand prints. The placemat below is probably the cutest thing yet. They took the kids to the pumpkin patch and photographed them holding a pumpkin in a straw hat. It is the kind of think I'll treasure forever. I'm well on my way to filling a large envelope with all the stuff he's made in the last couple of months.


One of the Mom's had decorated the table and made little gift bags for the kids and someone else had made cookies. I felt bad because I'd done nothing to help. My life is so selfish at the moment as I do nothing for anyone except the kids. I have more time and I'm more relaxed but I still feel bad that I'm not helping everyone with everything!

Nicolas sings songs he's learned at preschool to me and tells me all about his day, but some if it is a bit hard to understand. He's been telling me the prayer they say before snack time, but I never knew all of it until yesterday. It goes:

God made the sun
God made the sea
God made the fish
And God made me!
Thank you for the sun
Thank you for the sea
Thank you for the fish
And thank you for me!
Amen

On the video you can hear Nicolas trying so hard to say the prayer. I couldn't get in front of him to film how hard he was concentrating on what his teacher Ms Susan (Ms Doozan) and Ms Geri were doing but it made me want to cry! For my friends with kids in Nicolas' class this is their second or third child so they are much less mushy about the things the kids do than I am.

Adison enjoyed being part of the fun too.


Nicolas pulls some very strange faces!

We had to make a collage of all Nicolas's favorite things at the start of the year so that if he got sad the teachers could show him his pictures to make him feel happy again. All the kid's collages are displayed around the walls.

Adison liked the books and just explored while I got to chat to the other Mom's in the class.


No comments:

Post a Comment