Sunday, March 21, 2010

Building a TV Cabinet

Soon after we moved in Adam and his friend built me a wonderful set of shelves in the living room, which I instantly filled with books and photo albums. We then bought a set of Ikea shelves for the TV etc which was ok, but our dream was always to build TV cabinet to match the shelves. Now in our friend Kenli we have someone with the skills to make our vision a reality!

I lie away dreaming of more storage in our house, or how I can make our existing storage better, so the thought of having extra cupboards which look nice and stop the kids pulling all the Wii stuff and DVD's off the shelves has had me excited for a week now (yes I am a very sad woman!!)

Adam drew up the plan and Kenli build exactly what we had dreamed of!!
We bought the doors at Ikea so they match all the other cabinets in the house and then Adam and Kenli stained the wood so it looks amazing.



The finished cabinet. Unfortunately the weather on Sunday was awful so Adam didn't get to put a clear coat on, so I have to wait until next weekend before it's finished and on the wall ready to be organized and filled with lots and lots of photo albums.

We were so lucky that the weather on Saturday was perfect so we had a yard filled with children. I love it when the neighbourhood kids congregate in our yard because there are enough kids that no one needs to fight and argue.

Also Jaden was inside for a couple of hours playing lego with Nicolas and when it's just the girls outside there is far less trouble. When the girls play all you hear is " lets pretend you are ......" or "I'm going to be ......" where as the boys always have a weapon in their hand and just want to hit stuff!!

Adison just sits on the side and watches what everyone is doing and then has to be the baby/little sister/baby animal in their game when needed. She just loves having lots going on, as long as she gets her snuggles every 30-40 minutes!

Leo used to not bark - ever, but now he barks constantly when Kenli's dog is around, but after an hour or so he calmed down and went to sleep in the sun. So it was a perfect day for me, but maybe not for Adam and Kenli who had to work (I just watched the kids play and made food for everyone). I am so so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and such a amazing (and useful!) friend in Kenli.

No comments:

Post a Comment