Monday, March 22, 2010

Easter Nests

I've been wanting to do an Easter playdate for a couple of weeks now and my friend Faith did the cutest one today. She made nests out of noodles coated with melted marshmallows.

She put them in little muffin tins and the kids used spoons to make a hollow in the middle.

Then they put candy eggs and marshmallow chicks in the nest. Adison's chick never made it onto the nest, it just went straight into her mouth!!
Nicolas' chick lasted long enough for me to photograph.
The nests tasted really good and the kids had so much fun.
Twyla and Lucy took nest building very seriously!
Adison just enjoyed eating!
It was lots of fun and now I'm going to try out my usual chocolate cornflake crispy nests and these nest on the kids on Friday to see which they prefer and then I'll make their prefered version for my playdate next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment