Monday, March 8, 2010

A Mother's Love

My parents were always very realistice about our strengths and weaknesses as children and I think it made me and my brother grow up to be very balanced people. I hope I can do the same for our kids.

I think Adison is the cutest thing in the world but......she has my large head (a gift from my Dad!) and my double chin! Normally it's not that noticeable, but dress her up as Pooh Bear and she looks enormous and chubby!

Then put her next to Nicolas, who is just muscle and bone and she looks even bigger!! Especially when he hugs her and she pulls a funny face!!

But then there is Nicolas' fashion sense. I don't want to 'stiffle his creativity' but he does dress himself up in the strangest things! Kirsten's friend had knitted her the cutest hat and scarf but when Nicolas put it on, he just looked funny. He kept telling me he looked handsome, so I didn't burst his bubble!

He teamed the hat and scarf with his favorite accesories - cousin Will's old wellies!
I love my babies so much and think that they are the cutest things on earth but I do acknowledge their flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment