Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Babies and Me Growing Up

I've been begining to see glimpses of the future for the last few weeks because Nicolas and Adison will play together very sweetly, or by themselves for 10-15 minutes at a time. It's wonderful just to have a few minutes where someone doesn't need me for something.

Nicolas has pretty much given up on naps, so from 6am when I get up to get Jaden and Kirsten ready for the bus, until 8pm when all the kids are in bed, some one always needs something from me.

I try to make the most of them playing, but it's still so new to me that I can't start something because I know they'll need me the moment I get started blogging/cooking/reading or whatever it is I try to do.


The fact that Adison now would rather walk than be carried shows me how she is growing up so quickly. Nicolas has the coordination to be able to draw or paint a circle and is trying to write 'N's. I know in what will seem like months, they will be all grown up, so I'm trying to enjoy every moment with them.
We have been trying to catch up on yard work and because it's still quite cold the kids have hot chocolate when they come in. Adison learned how to hold a cup (and not tip the contents on herself) last week and was very proud of herself.
She still makes a bit of a mess, but hopefully sippy cups will be a thing of the past soon.
Nicolas made us laugh when he chose this outfit. The contrast between the smart button up shirt and sweatervest and the underwear and wellies was very funny. It's think kind of photo that we can black mail him with when he's a teenager and getting girlfriends!

I put Adison in one of my old dresses. It's still a bit too big but it's the last of my old dresses that she can still fit into. I'm hoping Mom will smock her some more now she's given up on knitting. My smocking is now where near as good as Mom or my Gran's and I want to have dresses that I can pass on to Adison's children like Mom did for me.

I finally feel like a grown up because I had my first Tupperware party. I was a bit reluctant at first as I didn't think it was really something I needed, but the party was so much fun and then I caught 'Tupperwareitis'!!
I want to buy so much as the containers that I have have made my pantries so organized. All our closets are maximized for storage but I never thought of doing it in the kitchen. I can't wait to have another party in a few months and buy all kinds of stuff!
It also snowed a bit last week and made everything look very pretty, but didn't close the schools, and then melted the next day - the perfect kind of snow!




























No comments:

Post a Comment