Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Fun Relaxing Week

Adam was in Wisconsin last week for training and I thought it would be awful without him, and although I missed him, life just carried on as usual. The only benefit about him being away was there was no one to wake me, Nicolas and Adison on Monday, Wednesday or Friday mornings (Jaden and Kirsten spent the previous night with their Mom). I've never had a late sleep during the week before, but the kids slept until 8am each morning and then came in bed and snuggled, played and read until 9am! It was heaven and something we never do. I'm usually awake with Adam by 6am even if Jaden and Kirsten are at their Mom's.

I've been watching Jamie Oliver's food show and it's been fascinating to realize just how Americanized I've become. I accept that kids eat pizza for breakfast and peanut butter and jam sandwiches are considered a good lunch! I may accept it but I don't agree with it, hence the reason Jaden and Kirsten do not each school food!! However there are exceptions, such as spoons of peanut butter (yuk, yuk, yuk!) for breakfast on occasions when Nicolas begs - I can't fight his Woodall genes. It is followed by something less fattening and more nutritious to balance it out though.
Adison doesn't like peanut butter, and who can blame her, so she tends to look at him weirdly when he's eating it. I still hate the stuff, but it doesn't make me wretch anymore when I feed it to the kids.
Wednesday was perfect weather last week so I got out the bike and Katrina, Emilee, Tori and I cycled 6 miles at the park. As usual Katrina pushed me, which I need, and we are doing it again tomorrow. Her goal for me is 12 miles but as I'm on a mountain bike pulling 60lbs of children and she is on a racing bike pulling half that, I've warned her that 9 miles may be my limit!
I have to work our Easter celebration at church tomorrow evening and they are expecting 150+ kids so I have to be able to walk!!
The kids loved it and Nicolas would say 'you can go faster Mommy, Ms Katrina is just in front of us' as Katrina zoomed off up giant hills way ahead of us, and Adison would just say 'weeee' as we went down hills! They were both exhausted at the end of it. I wish I could have had a nap too!
Tori was sensible and just had a relaxing cycle around the park.

Now it's warmer the kids just get homework done and then go outside and play. Blake is so sweet with Adison and will push her around or pull her in the cart.
It's funny to see how big 'cool' boys can be very kind and gentle around toddlers.
Mom and Dad bought Nicolas and Adison rocking chairs for Christmas so I've put them outside now the weather is nice. They love to sit there while I sit on the bench and watch the other kids play or the birds on the bird feeder.
Adison is wearing a cardigan I started knitting last year, thinking it would be done it a month or so. I made if for a 2 year old and finished it last week. I barely fits her, but hopefully my friends little girl in TN will get some wear out of it. Adison will wear it for the next month though just so I feel the knitting was worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment