Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Visit to Nana and Pop's

Our New Year's resolution was to make more of an effort to see family and we started with a visit to NC to see Adam's maternal grandparents. Because everyone gets married around 30 in my family, all my grandparents had died by the time I was 21, so the fact my kids have great grand parents is wonderful to me.
Pop and the kids. We had a wondeful visit but I was a bit worried that the kids would break something as Nana has so many pretty (and breakable and valuable!!) things in their apartment.

Adam, Nana and Pop.
Kirsten loved the trip the most as Nana gives her the one on one attention that she craves and always makes her feel so special. She also gave her some little salt and pepper holders which Kirsten is treasuring.

Adison did very well, except for a small melt down during dinner, and even let Pop hug her.
Both she and Nicolas loved the stairs and just wanted to slide up and down them.
It was great for Adam to catch up with his grandparents and for them to spend time with them and we don't get to see them often enough.
When we got home Nicolas asked every morning if we could go and see Nana and Pop, so they obviously made a big impression on him.
Nana showed the kids her box of treasures that apparently not even Adam had been allowed to touch as a child!
On Sunday we went into downtown Statesville, but there wasn't much to see and it was freezing!
The kids ran off some of their energy
And then we went to see the house that Adam's Mom had grown up in. It was the first time he has seen the house. Then we went to see Nana's brother Ray who I had heard lots about.
Adam, Nana, Pop, Uncle Ray and the kids. I never knew that Nana is actually one of 5 kids, and neither did Adam. I'm determined to map out his family tree so that I understand who he's related too. He has so many relations out there that he doesn't even know about and I'd love to get some Olive family history from Nana and Pop and Woodally history from Woody's Aunt too.
Finally at as we were about to leave Nana got the hug she had been waiting for from Adison! We plan on going back in a few months so that the kids have wonderful memories of their great grandparents as well as their grandparents.

1 comment: