Wednesday, April 25, 2007

2 Days After Surgery

Nicolas slept in his carry cot/bassinet in our room last night so he would be close to us. He went to sleep about 9:30pm and then woke at 3am for a feed, some pain medication and his antibiotic. Then he slept until 8:30am which was wonderful for me as I hadn't slept for that long in ages.

When he woke up he was just like he normally is, except he's still very snuffly and all the kicking and 'talking' he normally does in the morning made him very breathless. His lip is less swollen but he is starting to bruise around his cheeks and his nose is still really blocked up. He's on the lowest dose of pain medication but he doesn't seem to be in pain, he just uncomfortable from not being able to breath easily. He's fine when he's asleep as he breathes much slower.

He went to sleep at about 11:30am and he's still asleep now (3pm). I'm going to let him sleep for as long as possible so he can heal and recover and I can catch up with laundry and get some rest.

As you can see below his left side is much more swollen than his right side. His left nostril is almost closed. I'm really hoping that is just due to swelling because I'd be so sad if his nose has been altered by the operation. All I wanted was for him to have Adam's nose and it was so perfect. I know I just have to patient and see how he looks when the swelling goes down. The main thing is that he will have the best lip possible and any problems can be corrected with further surgery when he is 6 or 7 years old. I really do think that I have the most amazing baby to have gone through all this and still be so happy and unaffected by it all. I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment