Nicolas is still his happy little self but he has started to realize who I am and get upset when I'm not there. I've been doing classes at church learning about being a Methodist and I left him in the Nursery on Wednesday. He was tired and ready for bed, but I thought he would be OK. He wasn't! They had to page me during the class, and as I walked down the stairs, I could hear him screaming on the other side of the building.Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Nicolas at 16 Weeks Old - A Quiet Week Before His Operation
We had a relaxing week so we would be ready for Nicolas' operation on Monday (April 23rd). I spent the start of the week planting my new flowerbed with very annoying assistance from Leo. He sees me digging holes and tries to help, but ends up digging up plants I've just planted! Nicolas' first words will definately be 'No Leo'! The weather has been great so we've spent the afternoons on the deck with Nicolas kicking on a blanket and Leo sleeping next to him. I have to seperate them with my leg or else Leo will wack Nicolas with his paw to try to get him to play. They both fell asleep in the picture below which gave me a chance to read and relax in the sun.
We went walking with Caroline and Emerson on Thursday and then had I had a girly day on Friday at Erin's Body Shop party in the morning and then I met another really great Mom from church in the afternoon. Lisa has changed the weekends we get the kids again, so although we were planning on having them, we got to have a weekend to ourselves. Adam finished building the BBQ which looks amazing and just needs to be plastered, and then we cleaned out the pool. It wasn't as bad as it could have been and we'll fill it this weekend. Woody and Stephanie came round in the afternoon so Nicolas wore the motocross t-shirt Woody bought for him and his surfer shorts and looked like a truely American baby!
Nicolas is still his happy little self but he has started to realize who I am and get upset when I'm not there. I've been doing classes at church learning about being a Methodist and I left him in the Nursery on Wednesday. He was tired and ready for bed, but I thought he would be OK. He wasn't! They had to page me during the class, and as I walked down the stairs, I could hear him screaming on the other side of the building.

I've not started to worry yet about Nicolas's operation. I know he's a brave little baby and he's in the best possible hands, but I know I'll cry a lot on Monday. I'm just staying busy and making sure that I'm as well prepared as I can be for the hospital stay. I have taken so many pictures this week and I'm making the most of the last few days of Nicolas' crazy little smile.
Nicolas is still his happy little self but he has started to realize who I am and get upset when I'm not there. I've been doing classes at church learning about being a Methodist and I left him in the Nursery on Wednesday. He was tired and ready for bed, but I thought he would be OK. He wasn't! They had to page me during the class, and as I walked down the stairs, I could hear him screaming on the other side of the building.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment