On Tuesday we went to the park with lots of other Mom's that Sam, Erin and Ashley know. Erin organized for the kids to make bird feeders out of pine cones covered in peanut butter and dipped in birdseed. The kids loved it, but I tried to steer clear of the peanut butter! I love being a stay at home Mom. I feel so guilty as I sit in the park and enjoy myself, knowing that Adam is hard at work, but at least I know he has tried being at home with the kids and found it so stressful keeping them busy and entertained.
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Easter Holidays/Spring Break - Begining of the week
Kirsten had been really sick for a few days last week, so she came to use looking very thin and totally exhausted. I'd planned a full week for kids, but we took it easy on Monday and read books and watch a Discovery Channel program on planet Earth. I hate the kids watching mindless TV so this is a great show because I'm happy to watch it with them as I learn something too. The kids favorite car game is answering questions we ask them about the world. They are getting really good at general knowledge about the world, but it gets quite hard to think of questions.
On Tuesday we went to the park with lots of other Mom's that Sam, Erin and Ashley know. Erin organized for the kids to make bird feeders out of pine cones covered in peanut butter and dipped in birdseed. The kids loved it, but I tried to steer clear of the peanut butter! I love being a stay at home Mom. I feel so guilty as I sit in the park and enjoy myself, knowing that Adam is hard at work, but at least I know he has tried being at home with the kids and found it so stressful keeping them busy and entertained.

The completed bird feeders
Rebecca's adorable 7 month old, Trae looks in amusement as Nicolas kicks uselessly on the blanket!
Nicolas dreams of being as coordinated as Trae!
On Wednesday I enrolled Jaden and Kirsten in a gymnastics program for the day to see if they liked it. They both want to do gymnastics over the summer as they learned to swim last summer and now want to do something new. They both loved this gym, so now Adam and I just have to come up with the money for their summer classes. I never realised how expensive classes and sports are for kids, but they are worth it.
On Tuesday we went to the park with lots of other Mom's that Sam, Erin and Ashley know. Erin organized for the kids to make bird feeders out of pine cones covered in peanut butter and dipped in birdseed. The kids loved it, but I tried to steer clear of the peanut butter! I love being a stay at home Mom. I feel so guilty as I sit in the park and enjoy myself, knowing that Adam is hard at work, but at least I know he has tried being at home with the kids and found it so stressful keeping them busy and entertained.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
how exciting making bird feeders!! and all that useless kicking will come in handy real soon :)
ReplyDelete