Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Nicolas at 13 Weeks - Slept for 8 Hours!!

Nicolas is still smiling all the time and giggling but not really doing anything new. We went to Woody and Stephanie's on Saturday and so Nicolas did not get a good lunch time nap and he wouldn't go to sleep at 7pm as usual. He finally went to sleep when we got home at 11:30pm and I just about had a fit when I woke up at 7:30am and realised he hadn't woken up for a feed in the night. I ran to his room expecting the worst (I'm paranoid about cot death/SIDS), but he was fast asleep. We have changed his schedule now so he is awake from 8pm to 10pm and he's sleeping a bit longer at night, but unfortunately the 8 hour sleep was not his new thing!

Adam is a bit too comfortable and Nicolas falls asleep on him when he should be awake!
Nicolas is still not sure why he is now kept awake when it's dark outside. Selfish Mommy does it to try to get more sleep at night!
Daddy is definately Nicolas' favourite person.
We had a pretty relaxing week last week so I could finish making my flowerbed along the fence (I'll post pictures when it's done) and so I could find out what my new position as Co-ordinator for my church's newborn ministry would involve. Basically as it is a brand new ministry I have to take a welcome package to the new babies from the church, tell the parents about the services the church can offer and take them a meal (I think I'm going to take a cake as it will give me good practice with what I learnt in my classes). I'm really excited as I can build the ministry into whatever I want and the church will fund it. I'll get to meet new Mom's and I'd like to start a Mother and baby group.
Ever wonder what I see when I write my blog? Nicolas and Leo normally sit and watch me as I type. Leo seems to think I don't keep Nicolas clean enough and would lick him all over if I didn't stop him! I like to think that it's hardening Nicolas' immune system.

No comments:

Post a Comment