I hoped Nicolas would do well with his operation and he has done. A week later and the stitches are starting to fall out, the swelling is going down, he's off pain medication and his arm restraints have come off. The incisions are healing well, but the right incision is much more bumpy than the left and I think he will have a larger scar on that side. I know it's too early to tell yet, so we will just have to wait and see.

I expressed milk until Thursday and bottle fed Nicolas, just because it was hard for him to drink with his nose all blocked up, and now he's back to feeding from me. It's like the first week of feeding all over again because I'm not used to him being able to create suction, and now his lip is repaired he sucks like a normal baby. It was very painful to start with, especially since his lips is quite rough and the stitches are spikey!!

I am totally exhausted from this week!! I got very little sleep Sunday and Monday night and then because I was letting Nicolas sleep as much as he wanted during the day (up to 6 or 7 hours some days), he wasn't feeding enough and so he was waking up in the night, up to 3 times, to feed. He woke up at 12am, 1am, 4am, 5am and 6am last night and was wake about 30 mins each time, so as he seems to be pretty much recovered now from his operation, he is back on his schedule so I can get some sleep.

Nicolas has suddenly become more interested in everything this week. He loves the animals that hang from the arch on the seat he's in on these pictures, and he will now hold things in his hands. Having the arm restraints on gave him much more control over his hands and now they are off, he's kept that control.

Nicolas has also found his voice. He makes the cutest little squeaking sounds and really shouts at me if I'm not looking at him. He still gets a bit overhelmed by lots of people because we had some friends around for a BBQ yesterday to use the BBQ that Adam has built, and Nicolas was winey and wouldn't sleep. He's just so used to it being me and him with the occasional visitors. We get the kids for summer in 3 weeks so he'll soon be used to lots and lots of noise and visitors using the pool!!
he hasn't skipped a beat, i see! he's just precious!!
ReplyDelete