Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Sunday

I thought this Easter was going to be really sad as we weren't able to get to see Adam's Mom and the kids weren't with us, but in the end it was lovely.

I'd put out the kids baskets the night before and I woke with a jump to hear rustling in the kitchen. I leapt out of bed to see just how much chocolate Nicolas had eaten!! I really do think women are born with a genetic ability to hear when their children are doing bad things, even in their sleep!
Luckily he'd only eaten most of his little reeses eggs and not touch Adison or Adam's baskets.

Easter and Christmas are the only two days where they get to have chocolate for breakfast and often for lunch and dinner too!
So by the time I got them dressed for church they were very sugared up!!
I finished a dress I started last year for Adison. It's beaded smocking, although it doesn't show up very well. I admire my gran and Mom so much for the dresses they made because I made this for when she was two or three, so it's a bit big on the shoulders, but it's the right length now. By the time it fits her shoulders it will probably be too short!! Mom and Gran always just seemed to get it right with sizes. She still looks beautiful in it though and it was fun to make.
I love how the children automatically hug each other when I ask them to pose for a photo.
This isn't a good photo of Nicolas but I loved the way Adison was looking at him, she just adores him. She has the cutest little nose and profile!

After church we relaxed and then Woody and Stephanie came for lunch. We sat outside as the weather is perfect at the moment. Adison loves the skirt she has on because it has little pockets and she can put things in them. I think it makes her feel very grown up.
When Nicolas was little all he wanted to do was stand on the patio table and wined the umbrella up and down, and Adison wants to do exactly the same, even though he has never taught her how.
Adam was worried she was training for a future career as a pole dancer!!
Woody and Adam put the cover on the gazebo and then all Nicolas wanted to do was climb the ladder. They were both happy so we let them get on with it.

Then a bit later Nicolas hit Adison on the head with a stick as she was walking away from him. He got put on the naughty step and she went over to sit with him. She was obviously concerned because he was upset. It was just cute to see how much she cares for him, even when he's hurt her. I told Nicolas that I thought I'd seen long white ears over the fence in the front yard, and sure enough when we went outside, the Easter bunny had been and hidden a lot of eggs!!
Adison is an Easter egg hunting pro now and almost as good as Nicolas, but just a bit slower.

As you can see Nicolas is fast - maybe the lack of shorts lowers his wind resistance!! I've given up making him wear them when he's in playing at home, but he has to have underwear on. He would quite happily run round naked, despite warnings about catching his willy on things! He even went down the slide with no underwear on a couple of days ago much to Adam's horror, he's bottom must be tougher than it looks!!
Both kids love Papa and Teffi and so they loved showing them their Easter eggs.
It was a wonderful and relaxing day and one of my favorite Easter Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment