Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Nicolas' Big Boy Bike!

My little boy took the first giant leap towards being big - he learned to ride is bike! He used Kirsten's old bike for a while but because it wasn't his, he wasn't that interested. He had birthday money that I've been saving for a while and so we bought him a bike on Wednesday.

We went to the cul-de-sac to learn and within about 10 minutes he had could pedal really well. Because he can ride the gator he knew how to steer already which made it so much easier.

He was so proud of himself and Adison was so jealous, all she wanted to do was ride too, but her legs aren't quite long enough. Unfortunately I didn't have any money left for a new helmet so he's using Kirsten's old one that expired in 2001!! I just hope it doesn't ever have to save his head! It took him 2 days and then he learned to pedal backwards to brake and now there is no stopping him!
He knows that once he can ride without training wheels he can have a dirt bike or 4 wheeler (money permitting!!). I'm so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment