Saturday, April 24, 2010

Our Favorite Park

We are finally coming out of the pollen weeks where all the pine trees dump their pollen everywhere. My granny used to have 'hay fever' in England but I'd never actually seen pollen all over everywhere until I moved to GA!
What looks like dirt on the table and on the deck is actually a thick layer of greeny yellow pollen. I'm very grateful that we don't react to it or life would be miserable.
We spent a couple of weeks going to our favorite park - Tribble Mill, several times a week. I'm actually getting quite fit now, but of course last week I got my first cold in months so now my sinuses are so blocked that my teeth hurt if I run! I hope to get back into cycling and jogging this week before it gets too hot and before swim team starts. The kids do really well in the bike trailer as long as I'm talking to them the whole way. If I walk with a friend then they tend to fight with each other as I'm not giving them enough attention. It adds a whole other dimension to a work out - can you work out hard while still having an interesting conversation with a 1 and 3 year old!
There are some rocks half way around that the kids love to play on so a good snack and the promise of playing on the rocks normally allows me to do two laps - 6 miles without too much complaint from them.
Nicolas has been complaining of being tired for the last few weeks, but naps are truly a thing of the past. He was very tired so he had a rest on the rock. I've started putting him to bed at 6pm whenever possible because he wakes up at 6:30am everyday, no matter how late he's been to bed. He's just so used to the kids getting up at that time during the week for school. I thought it would be too early, but one day he actually went to bed at 5:30pm! It's hard to do that at weekends as we have things planned but if he gets 12 hours sleep 5 nights a week I'll be happy.
I thought this was a cute picture of them scavenging for snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment