Friday, April 2, 2010

A Picnic at the Park

I love going to the park and try to go with the kids whenever we have a free day. I always feel guilty that Adam is at work while I'm out in the sun enjoying myself, so yesterday I planned and Easter picnic for us. We cycled 6 miles (I dragged the kids in the trailer so Adam wouldn't be exhausted) and then had lunch.
After lunch Nicolas got to use his big boy fishing pole that Auntie Sam bought him for his birthday. He's been dying to use it for months now.He was interested for about 10 minutes and then he decided it was more fun to throw sticks in the lake!
Adison is so cute when you say 'lets take a picture' because she puts her arm around Nicolas and hugs him, like above.
She was actually very interested in fishing, which surprised me. She had several goes at reeling in the line before she also got bored and threw sticks in the lake.

The weather was beautiful and I actually got burnt on my back.
We moved to a different spot on the lake and the kids took their shoes off and paddled.
I'm amazed that Adison didn't fall over as she was pretty unsteady on the sandy bottom, but apart from damp shorts/skirt they both did very well.

It was a wonderful start to a great weekend. I'm determined that we are going to do nothing this weekend as we always have some project or somethings going on, and I just want to enjoy being with Adam and my babies for 3 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment