Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Father's Day Camping

The weekend before VBS we went camping for Father's Day. With hindsight it might have been less stressful to have been at church setting up for Monday, but we had a lovely weekend. The kids were so excited to give Adam the cards they had made for Father's Day that we celebrated on Friday night when we finally got there.


We tried a new campsite and it wasn't that great. We have definately been spoilt by Old Federal. Adam hated the fact it was 'choose your own site', which is slightly worrying when you are towing 30ft of camper down little roads. In the end our site was OK but there was no river or lake, which we are used to now. The kids got to roast marshmallows so they were happy.









On Saturday we drove to a nature park which Adam hadn't been to for year. The last time he went was he took Jaden and Kirsten's elder brother who was still his stepson, so that was a long time ago.


It was really pretty but the kids were all tired and in bad moods so fishing was less than fun for Adam.


I thought this was a cute shot of Adison loving Leo. Every so often she will just go up to him and hug and kiss him. He was in heaven being somewhere new with us and feeling part of the family.



Adam caught a fish within minutes of getting there so he was happy.
Adison got to eat lots of Adam's lures, so she was happy too!!

They taste disgusting so we aren't sure why she likes them so much. Maybe it's the texture.




Kenli and Skylar joined us on Saturday afternoon and so Kenli took the big kids to the lake, Adam went fishing by himself and I got to read while the babies slept. No matter how annoying they've been, once they are asleep they always look so cute.
I was so glad Kenli came with us because I had a wonderful meal plan for the weekend but I forgot my crockpot, the coffee pot and lots of other food items, so we would have been very hungry without him! It was good to see him and the kids loved seeing Skylar.



On the Sunday we went to the lake for a couple of hours and then came home early so I could get to church and set up for VBS.



Adam went back the next weekend to fish with a friend and had lots more fun without all the miserable kids! It was a fun weekend but I definately prefer Lake Lanier.

No comments:

Post a Comment