I'm glad we survived this year and I only had one melt down. With Adam having to work so late the whole burden falls on ,which most of the time I don't mind, but sometimes it just gets a bit too much. I have a year to recover, unless Jaden begs to swim year round!
Monday, July 5, 2010
Swim Team
We are finally done with swim team!! I miss seeing my friends at the pool but as Jaden had been moved up to the more advanced swimmers he was swimming from 9:30-10:30am and then we had to hang
around until 11:15am until Kirsten swam until 12. 2 1/2 hours is just too long to keep Nicolas and Adison entertained everyday. We had a meet last Thursday and then went camping all weekend and then had another meet on Tuesday night. I had to work both of them so I was exhausted.
Both kids did really well and Jaden really wants to swim again next summer. This is Jaden at the start of a race. He thinks he might like to swim year round but that would be 5 practices a week, which I don't think our family is ready for! He's become a great all round swimmer but gets frustrated that he's rarely in the top 3 as there are some really good swimmers in his group.

Kirsten made it to 97th in the county for her breast stroke. Only the top 50 compete at county level, but we are still very proud of her. 




Nicolas and Adison used to be able to play in the shallow end during practice but then they ended up getting in the way so they just had to sit and watch. Nicolas has been having lessons and can now swim a width of our pool so hopefully next year he'll be able to swim in some of the baby races for swim team.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment