2 1/2 hours and the removal of the ant colony that was living in the remains of his packed lunch in his school bag, and I was done! It looked much better and hopefully all the ants in the house, that we had no idea where they were coming from, will be gone!
Then I started on Kirsten's room. As she has bigger toys I was expecting another hour or so of picking up.
Picking up the toys and putting them where they belonged was the easy part, getting the glue off the walls and windowsill, the finger prints, foot prints and goodness knows what else off the bed, wall, door and mirror were a whole other story! Finally after about 3 hours it looked as clean as I could get it. Adam then filled all the holes she had gouged in her wall, covered over where she had drawn on the wall and then touched up the worst of the paint.
I was really mad that night that she had been so disrespectful of the furniture Adam had painted for her and just the general lack of respect she has for anything. But then of course after a good nights sleep and several prayers for 'love for my step kids' (my most common prayer!), I decided to update her room so that it would inspire her to keep it nice, rather than yell at her for what she did wrong.
Stephanie had given me two pink comforters which I cut to fit the bunk beds, then I made her a new valance and pillowcases and two throw pillows, all in cute cat fabric that I thought she'd like.
It looks very pretty and only took a few hours to do. Then I started the epic task of sorting through all their clothes and putting them in the right drawers or hanging them up. It's amazing how many clothes they can stuff at the back of drawers, and then they claim to have nothing to wear!
When they came back from their Mom's they were both very pleased with their clean rooms. Unfortunately I was exhausted and behind on my cleaning schedule for Shelley's visit. I feel like all I've done is cook, clean and do yard work, not that Shelley cares either way, but I was the house to look great and not have to cook a thing while they're here. All I have left to do now is a quick dust, vac and swiffer before they get here and to bake a few cookies. I know by Thursday night I'll be excited, but at the moment I just have about 10 things on my list I need to get done! At least I won't have to clean for a while - if I could just get rid of the kids and Leo, my house would never get dirty!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment