Monday, December 31, 2007

Decorating the Xmas Cake

While I was in England Mom and I made our Christmas cake. It's a rich fruit cake and we used the receipe that Mom used for her wedding cake. I managed to get the cake through customs so we could have it for Chirstmas.
As children we always got to decorate the cake, even though we only really liked to eat the icing, and now the tradition has continued with Jaden and Kirsten. They made presents to go under the marzipan (kind of like almond flavored fondant) Christmas tree, but their twist on our tradition was to make bows for the presents out of marzipan. We had always piped the ribbons on in icing. The cake looked wonderful and they loved the marzipan and icing, but hated the cake! I love that I can pass on very English things to the kids.
Thankfully Mom and Dad have helped me eat the cake, so amazingly I've not gained any weight this Christmas, inspite of eating my own weight in Thornton's chocolates and cake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment