This is Nicolas' sporty/John McEnroe/Jane Fonda look!
We have the pool open now and we didn't drain it this year. It's lovely and warm which is the positive about not draining it, but we've put so much money into getting it clean that we may as well just have empty it and put the $150 of salt it takes back in. Finally it's not green, but it is cloudy. The kids had a wonderful time rescuing tadpoles until Adam shocked the pool and killed about 5 lbs of them! He had to fish them all out so they wouldn't block the filter. The yard smelled like rotting fish for several days until I mowed over them with the lawnmower! I hope they will make good compost. We didn't have frogs in the pool for several days - we think the smell of their rotting babies kept them away!!
I had the fun and excitement of discovering (and accidentally touching!!!) some kind of rodent that had drowned in the filter basket! I had to get Jaden and Kirsten to fish it out. Adam says it's a mole (I've not been brave enough to look at it) but I'm not sure how a mole would have ended up in the pool. At least it wasn't a big rat. The kids thought it was great fun to see me scream and have a fit! 
On the subject of GA wildlife, I mentioned in an earlier posting about Nicolas seeing a snake when he was on his bike in the driveway. Here are the photos of my intrepid husband leading his babies on a snake finding mission!

On the subject of GA wildlife, I mentioned in an earlier posting about Nicolas seeing a snake when he was on his bike in the driveway. Here are the photos of my intrepid husband leading his babies on a snake finding mission!
When they had no luck finding the snake he took them off exploring down by the river. I made the most of an hours peace and quiet in the house (the most wonderful gift Adam can give me at the moment). From the pictures he brought back it looks as if he took them somewhere through the Amazon and then across the Sahara!! 


I hope that when Nicolas and Adison are bigger they will want to go and explore by themselves, presuming this whole area isn't covered in houses by then! It makes me sad that they won't be able to roam around exploring like Adam and I did when we were kids.


My friend Shelley gave Nicolas some speedo style swim shorts 2 years ago and he loves them so much he wants to wear them all the time. They are too tight for wearing in public but he loves to wear them at home. He had dressed himself and all he wanted me to do was photograph his feet!
My friend Shelley gave Nicolas some speedo style swim shorts 2 years ago and he loves them so much he wants to wear them all the time. They are too tight for wearing in public but he loves to wear them at home. He had dressed himself and all he wanted me to do was photograph his feet!
No comments:
Post a Comment