The meet last week could not have been any more different. Tori came and babysat, and I was relaxed and calm. Once I had the kids marked up and they were swimming I actually put together our meal plan for the week and started to read a magazine. It was relaxing and fun, something I never thought I'd say about a swim meet. Time away from Nicolas and Adison made me miss them and in the morning they were so happy to see me. Hopefully this week's meet with be as much fun.
Friday, June 4, 2010
Swim Team
We've been doing swim team every day since the middle of May and I'm much more relaxed about it this year. I wasn't prepared for the time commitment it takes last year so it was very stressful. We had one meet so far but the pictures are still stuck on my camera. These pictures are just from practice.

The kids did great at the meet, especially Kirsten who improved her time in all the races. Adam and I aren't particularly competitive, but we expect the kids to do the best they can, so we are more concerned with improvements in time than actual placings in races.
My amazing sister in law Tori volunteered to babysit the little ones on the swim meet nights which is the greatest thing anyone has done for me in ages!! The meets are so stressful - getting the kids fed a good meal before 4pm, packing up towels, snacks, goggles, drinks, chairs, finding the meet, getting set up, working out which races the kids are in and marking them up, all while making sure Nicolas and Adison aren't drowning would be a nightmare. It nearly killed me last year. Adam can't get there before 6pm to help so I'm pretty much on my own!

The meet last week could not have been any more different. Tori came and babysat, and I was relaxed and calm. Once I had the kids marked up and they were swimming I actually put together our meal plan for the week and started to read a magazine. It was relaxing and fun, something I never thought I'd say about a swim meet. Time away from Nicolas and Adison made me miss them and in the morning they were so happy to see me. Hopefully this week's meet with be as much fun.
The meet last week could not have been any more different. Tori came and babysat, and I was relaxed and calm. Once I had the kids marked up and they were swimming I actually put together our meal plan for the week and started to read a magazine. It was relaxing and fun, something I never thought I'd say about a swim meet. Time away from Nicolas and Adison made me miss them and in the morning they were so happy to see me. Hopefully this week's meet with be as much fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment